5 Leaderships Skills that will Bring Success
By Alan L. Olsen, CPA, MBS (Tax)
Greenstein, Rogoff, Olsen & Co., LLP
Change is constant in a leader’s life. Leaders continually develop new ways in which to improve, accomplish tasks, and progress. These Leadership skills are essential for success. If you desire to become a leader and improve your skills, the following tips will guide you in your efforts:
- Think differently. In order to improve, you must be willing to change. Progress won’t come by turning to the past. Develop new ideas and be innovative. Success often comes through change.
- Focus on relationships. It is important to remember that you are selling your ideas. In order to do this successfully, you must have good relationships with others. People around you must 1- know you, 2- like you and 3- trust you.
- Learn to work smarter instead of harder. At times, changing how you work may become necessary. It is possible to accomplish the same amount of work in less time when staying focused. Being focused on your goals will create a habit of working smarter.
- Communicate, listen, and persist. Others will see and observe your communication skills. Their judgment will determine if they want to work with you. It is important to become an excellent communicator, a better listener, and develop persistence. Success starts with you.
- Focus on success. Remember to be positive. Positive thinking often precedes success. You can accomplish your greatest desires if you focus on success.
If you desire success, look for opportunities where you can apply innovation in your life. In the ever-changing world that we live in, individuals make choices to either adapt or stay stagnant. True leaders understand and make the changes necessary to become successful.