Alan L. Olsen, CPA, MBA(tax)
Alan L. Olsen, CPA, MBA (Tax)
Alan is managing partner at Greenstein, Rogoff, Olsen & Co., LLP, (GROCO) and is a respected leader in his field. He is also the radio show host to American Dreams.
Alan's CPA firm resides in the San Francisco Bay Area and serves some of the most influential Venture Capitalist in the world. GROCO's core competency is advising High Net Worth individual clients in tax and financial strategies.
Alan is a current member of the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (S.I.E.P.R.) SIEPR’s goal is to improve long-term economic policy.
In 2009 and 2010, Alan chaired the Friends of Scouting campaign which was successful in raising over $1 million for Bay Area Scouts. In January 2010, he was be award the Silver Beaver award by the Boy Scouts of America.
In October 2008, his firm was recognized as one of the Top 25 Best Managed CPA firms in the USA by Inside Public Accounting.
In March 2009, GROCO was recognized as one of the fast growing companies in the San Francisco Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times.
In April 2009 GROCO was named by CPAWealth Provider as one of the Ten Best Financial Planning Firms in the USA.
In May 2009, GROCO placed in the top 5 as a Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area.
Alan has more than 25 years of experience in public accounting, and develops innovative financial strategies for business enterprises.
Alan also serves on President Kim Clark's BYU-Idaho Advancement council. (President Clark lead the Harvard Business School programs for 30 years prior to joining BYU-idaho.
As a specialist in income tax, Alan frequently lectures and writes articles about tax issues for professional organizations and community groups. He also teaches accounting as a member of the adjunct faculty at Ohlone College.
Testimonials for Alan Olsen
Alan’s experience in stock options and tax planning have saved us a significant amount of time and money over the years. His technical knowledge and skills are invaluable!
Kamshal & Pawan Agrawal
Alan provides practical solutions to complex financial situations. He and his team take the time to understand your complete financial situation in order to provide you with truly innovative solutions. I know that my future and my family are in safe hands.
Former CEO/Founder PrimeCredit
Alan and his team at GROCO provide me financial peace of mind which helps me sleep well at night.
I rely on Alan for my tax planning.
Draper, Fisher, Jurvetson
Alan and GROCO are an integral part of my financial team.
Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers
Thank you Alan for serving as our family financial advisor.
Harry L. Crosby III
Son of Bing Crosby
Perhaps the true reward of giving to the community is when you inspire others. Consider me as one person you have inspired, Alan.
California Bank and Trust
Articles by Alan Olsen
- How to Network
- Car Collections: Collectors, Investors, or Dealers Status
- Tax Breaks for Those Investing in Small Businesses
- Feds and States Secretly Raising Tax Revenues
- 5 Leadership Skills that will Bring Success
- At Root, Leadership is Service
- Disclaiming An Inheritance
- Selling Gold Coins
- Tax Strategies for the Wealthy: Qualified Personal Residence Trust
- When to Exercise Your Stock Options
- Venture Capital Financing: Structure and Pricing
- Who Benefits Under the Economic Stimulus Plan of 2008
- Avoiding the AMT Trap
- Recent Trends in the Venture Capital Community
- GROCO Warns of Common Tax Filing Mistakes
- Preparing Your Business Plan
- Tax Break for College Tuition Payments
- Small Businesses, Bite a Chunk Out of Your Taxes!
- Ten Tax Planning Ideas for Small Businesses
- Ten Ideas to Enhance Cash Flow
- How to Recession Proof Your Small Business
- 10 Strategies for Preventing an IRS Audit
- 10 Strategies When Handling an IRS Audit
- Tips for the Self Employed in Avoiding the IRS Audit
- 5 Steps to Become a Millionaire
- Ten Questions That You Should Ask Prior to Purchasing a Stock
- Lending Money to Your Corporation
- Effective Uses of Trusts in Estate & Gift Tax Planning
- Homeowners Relief from Real Estate Short Sales Hidden Tax
- 8 Steps for Getting Out of Debt
- 6 Tips to Consider When Faced With Foreclosure
- Real Estate Short Sales May Carry Hidden Tax
- Global Entrepreneurs "Insourcing" Jobs in Northern California
- California Exclusion of 50% Gain from Sales of QSBS
- Representing Yourself Before the IRS
- New Ethics Rules Mean Some CEOs Will Be Hunting for a New CPA
- Making Your Medical Deductions Count
- Deducting the Cost of Your MBA
- Four Types of Income Exclusions
- 8 Rules of Building Wealth