The candidate will manage sophisticated tax problems as required by clients with the requisite ability/skills to coordinate and administer tax services for high net worth clients. This position requires an intermediate level of expertise in the area of tax. The candidate must be able to develop tax protests and have significant expertise in developing tax planning opportunities for clients.
- Provide technical expertise to clients and staff
- Implement tax protests and obtains tax rulings for clients
- Demonstrate ability to prepare tax provisions
- Effective at selling add-on services
- Proficient in research
- Complete engagements on time and profitably
- Leverage existing engagements into new engagements
- Provide effective feedback to staff on engagements
- Teach / facilitate peer-to-peer learning
- Work successfully in a team environment
- Contribute to office and department recruiting programs
Qualifications / Requirements
- 7+ years of tax experience
- CPA designation
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (Master's degree preferred)
- Sound technical skills and business judgment
- Proven utilization goals
- Ability to lead, motivate, and mentor staff
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with clients, peers, and other contacts
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Physical and Environmental Demands
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
About Our Company
Established in 1964, Greenstein, Rogoff, Olsen & Co., LLP consistently ranks as one of the top accounting firms in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in Fremont, Palo Alto and San Francisco. Primary services include income tax planning, income tax preparation, strategic business consulting, business valuations, bill paying, estate planning, estate administration, trustee services and financial statement preparation. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.
We thank all who express interest in this opportunity; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email your resume in the strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your resume will receive immediate consideration. No phone calls or agencies, please.