Senior Tax Accountant
Greenstein, Rogoff, Olsen & Co., LLP (GROCO), is a full service Certified Public Accounting firm with offices in Fremont (near BART) and Palo Alto (in the heart of Silicon Valley). We are currently seeking a Senior Tax Accountant with 3+ years of tax preparation experience to join our team.
For over 50 years, GROCO has consistently ranked as one of the top accounting firms in the San Francisco Bay Area. Recognized as a “Best Place to Work”, this is an exceptional career opportunity for the right CPA. We offer a wonderful work environment and interesting work on complex, high net-worth returns. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting, training and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.
Experience in the following is valued: state, federal, individual, business, partnership, corporate, multi-state, domestic and international income tax preparation (the more complicated the better), strategic tax and business consulting, just to name a few.
- 3+ years quality public accounting experience preparing corporate & individual tax returns
- CPA Designation preferred
- Bachelors degree in accounting (Master’s degree of Science in Taxation preferred)
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with clients, peers and other contacts
- Above average proficiency in Excel and Word
A Senior Tax Accountants should have sound understanding of federal and state income tax laws to prepare and review federal and state income tax returns and help with tax provision reviews. Also, be able to conduct research and prepare documentation for more varied and complex tax transactions. Develop work papers and organize documentation for research projects, supervise engagements, perform major engagement tasks, and control budgets. They also help with staff development activities.
- Prepare various types of tax returns (individuals, closely held businesses, partnerships, international, estate planning, etc.)
- Consult with clients solving problems in all areas of taxation, as required by firm clients
- Working successfully in a team environment
- Establish new, and maintain existing client relationships
- Prepare tax protests
- Conduct tax research
- Sell add-on services
How to Apply?
Please email your resume in the strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your resume will receive immediate consideration. No phone calls or agencies, please.